The EXP-AIN expansion board enables monitoring and controlling of industrial processes using its 8 industrial analog sensor channels.The channels support voltage-based ( ±10V), current-based (±20mA) or resistive sensors.
Zerynth expansion boards work seamlessly with all of the Zerynth Development boards. Combined, they can act as a Development Board for prototyping a Product, and a core for industrial applications.
8 Analog Channels: Each channel can be configured as
- 4-20 mA Current channel (full input range ±20mA)
- 0-10V Voltage channel (full input range ±10V)
- Resistive Sensor Channel.Internal bias is designed for NTC thermistor probes rated 10kΩ @ 25°C (with B=3435), but other probes may also be used depending on the temperature range to be measured.
- Current Clamp channel based on voltage or current signal( within channel Voltage and current ratings).
Resources and Documents¶
For more information on the EXP-IO Library as software Library, features, functions and examples Please check this Link
Rotart and Standard switches¶
For information on the switches and other hardware details, Please refer to the User manual of the board
Power to the EXP-AIN is supplied directly by the ZM1-DB through the Z-Bus
The modular expansion system uses the Z-Bus. The Z-Bus is an efficient, powerful standard for connecting and prototyping different sensors and devices. The Z-Bus is using the CN1 pin header (20x2) exposing the following:
- 16 GPIO pins.
- 4 interrupt pins.
- 2 USART/UART instances with full support (TX,RX,RTS,CTS)
- I2C, SPI support.
- 5V, 3.3 V output pins.
- Enable pin for controlling the power to attached expansion boards.
The development boards support up to 3 attached expansion boards.
Expansion boards vary in features and functionality. Currently, Zerynth offers expansion boards for :
- EXP-AIN: Expansion board with 8 Industrial analog input channels
- EXP-CONNECT: GSM-NB-IoT and GPS enabled expansion module.
- EXP-IO: Industrial input/output board with 4 solid-state relays, 2 analog channels (4-20mA/0-10V/NTC/current clamp) channels, 2 opto-isolated digital inputs
- EXP-RELAY: Relay board with 6 Electromechanical power relays rated 6A 250VAC.
- EXP-SER: Serial Communication board with : CAN, RS232 and RS485 interfaces.
- EXP-PROTO: Prototyping board for connecting and testing different types of sensors and devices.